A World Table Tennis Youth Contender event will be played in Darwin from 27-29 September, with many top ranked junior players from 8 countries set to compete.
- Dates: 27-29 September
- Venue: Marrara Indoor Stadium, Darwin
- Times: 9.30am – 8.30pm each day
- Free admittance
- World Ranking points on offer in the following format:
- Under 11; Under 13; Under 15; Under 17; Under 19
- Singles only
- Countries participating: Australia; Singapore; Chinese Taipei; India; Sri Lanka; USA; New Zealand
- Opportunity to see world-standard table tennis. Singapore, Chinese Taipei and India are among the strongest table tennis countries in the world.
- Most of Australia top junior players have entered:
- Includes 3 boys and 4 girls ranked in the top 20 men and women in Australia
- Includes 4 of the top 6 Under 17 boys and 5 of the top 6 Under 17 girls in Australia
- Table Tennis Northern Territory has secured the right, with World Table Tennis and Table Tennis Australia to host the event for 3 years – again at the same time in 2023 and 2024.
SUPPORT – Table Tennis Northern Territory has received support from the Northern Territory Government, Sport Australia & Darwin City Council
PLAYERS TO WATCH
- Australian Players:
- Sanaya Buddhadasa Hwan Bae
- Connie Psihogios Won Bae
- Cherry Le Ray Zhang
- Hanna Goh Chulong Nie
RESULTS – Results will be available throughout the event through the World Table Tennis website at: https://worldtabletennis.com/eventInfo?eventId=2556